We are excited to tell you about all the events we have taking place throughout October, and it would be great if any and all organizations and individuals would support us!
Thursday, October 2nd: Think Pink at Summit (on campus) all day!
- 10% of all food and drink purchases will be donated to Friends
- With every purchase, you’ll receive a raffle ticket to win 10 free dinners at Summit!
- Special pink drinks: Strawberry Sunrise smoothie, Pink Sangria, Raspberry infused Champagne!
- Performances by the Delilahs, the Nuances, the Generals and Androgyny from 9-10 PM (raffle winner being announced at 9:30)!
- Karaoke 10-11!!!
Saturday, October 4th: Race for the Cure with Circle Up in Charlotte
- Connor House partners with the Circle Up team for the race and has registered over 70 members in Connor, other PCO’s, freshmen and alumni! Email us if you are still interested in signing up!
Tuesday, October 7th, 5PM in Dana 146: BCA Month Lecture Series Part 1
Dr. Ken Karb graduated University of Virginia Medical School in 1972 and he completed his Internship and Residency in Cleveland before returning to the University of Virginia to complete his fellowship and is now Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. He has served the community of Greensboro and the Triad well over the course of his illustrious 40 year career in internal medicine and oncology. He is Martha Kaley’s oncologist, and, most significantly, he was the Chair of the Medical Advisory Board of Friends for an Earlier Breast Cancer Test for nearly 20 years. He knows the research behind earlier detection intricately, having read hundreds of grant proposals over his career, and has watched and closely followed the path that this critical research has taken and has worked every step of the way with many of our researchers. We are excited that he is able to come and share his amazing wealth of knowledge with the Davidson College community! Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Wednesday, October 8th, 6PM: Stick it to Cancer Game
- Davidson Field Hockey takes on JMU at Davidson FH Turf fields—stop by the table in the union to buy a shirt or you can get one at the game!
Tuesday, October 21st in Dana 146: BCA Month Lecture Series Part 2
- A panel of breast cancer survivors and family will talk about their personal experiences fighting the hardships of breast cancer. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided! Co-sponsored with the Sigma Psi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Saturday, October 25th: Pink Soccer Game (Family weekend!)
- Davidson Women’s soccer takes on Saint Louis! We will be selling Bosom Buddies t-shirts, Baked by 2 Kates is going to make some yummy treats for a bake sale, and there will be some other goodies too!
Wednesday, October 29th in Hance Auditorium: BCA Month Lecture Series Part 3
- Dr. Lauren Stutts, professor of Psychology here at Davidson, will give a talk on how terminal illness affects the individual. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided! Co-sponsored with Colleges Against Cancer and Relay for Life.
Thursday, October 30th, All Day: Drink Pink at Taco Mac (Huntersville exit 25 near Birkdale)
- Come out to TMac Sports Bar & Grill where 10% of all food/drink purchases will be donated to Friends
- Saints vs. Panthers game at 8:25—TMac has 75 TVs!
- Open until 2AM!
- Shuttle to and from TMac!
We hope to see you at some of these events!
Pooja Parikh & Polly Ukrop, Service Chairs 2014-2015